Hotel Bramante opened in 1873, but its origins go further back. In fact, the cornerstone was laid in 1550, when the building housed Domenico Fontana, in honor of whom a commemorative plaque adorns the front of our hotel. In Borgo Pio and in Rome, Fontana was known as the architect of Pope Sixtus VI and as the obelisk man, as he was responsible for the erection of such pillars in Saint Peter's square, Piazza del Popolo, Piazza Santa Maria Maggiore e in Piazza San Giovanni in Laterano. When the Mariani family inaugurated their inn, the Locanda Leonina, the original name of the Hotel Bramante, this was the first lodging in the area. Back then, already, the Mariani family relied on hospitality and professionality, values that were handed down through generations and which distinguish this hotel to this day. Some wood beams form the 15th are still intact today as they were recovered during the refurbishing that took place in 1999, in view of the Great Jubilee of year 2000.